Yesterday I posted some “special-interest” things I have for sale; I’d also like to give everybody a heads up on the highlights of some more books I’m still trying to sell. E-mail with offers; I don’t necessarily have a set price in mind for anything, but serious offers are of course preferred. If you see anything in the picture that you can’t find below, drop me a line. E-mail address is rrbarret AT indiana DOT edu.
In alphabetical order by author’s last name (or by title if that’s more appropriate):
– Benz, The Eastern Orthodox Church: Its Thought and Life
– Berkowitz/Squitier, Thesaurus Linguae Graecae: Canon of Greek Authors and Works, Third Edition (cloth)
– Bouyer, Rite and Man
– Braga, On the Way of Our Faith: Faith, Freedom, and Love
– Cameron, The Last Pagans of Rome
– Constantelos, Understanding the Greek Orthodox Church: Its Faith, History, and Practice
– Cormack, Painting the Soul
– Crane, Prose and Poetry
– Deuchler, Gothic (Universe History of Art and Architecture)
– Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground (Katz translation)
– Dyck, A Commentary on Cicero, De Officiis
– Grant, Constantine the Great: The Man and His Times
– Grant, Roman Myths
– Griffen, Names from the Dawn of British Legend
– Hall, Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers (paperback)
– Heather, The Fall of the Roman Empire
– Herrin, Byzantium (cloth)
– Herrin, The Formation of Christendom (cloth, mylar sleeve)
– Hoare, The Western Fathers (cloth with mylar sleeve)
– Met. Hierotheos of Nafpaktos, The Illness and Cure of the Soul in the Orthodox Tradition
– Kaczynski, Greek in the Carolingian Age
– Kenworthy, The Heart of Russia: Trinity-Sergius, Monasticism, and Society after 1825
- Kirk, The Conservative Mind (Seventh Revised Edition, paperback)
– Küng, Truthfulness: The Future of the Church (ex-library copy, cloth)
– McGuckin, Saint Cyril of Alexandria and the Christological Controversy (paperback)
– Momigliano, The Development of Greek Biography
– Nasr, Resource Book for Mission and Evangelism
– Newell, Celtic Prayers from Iona
– Nicene/Post Nicene Fathers, Second Series, Volume IX: Hilary of Poitiers and John of Damascus
– Norris, McTeague
- Oakley, The Western Church in the Later Middle Ages
- Ousterhout, Master Builders of Byzantium (paperback)
- Palmer/Sherrard/Ware, The Philokalia, Volume One (paperback)
- Payne, The Holy Fire: The Story of the Early Centuries of the Christian Church in the Near East
- Pelikan, The Riddle of Roman Catholicism
- Ratzinger, The Spirit of the Liturgy
- Rose, The Place of the Blessed Augustine in the Orthodox Church
– Russell, The Sparrow
– Schmemann, Liturgy and Life: Christian Development through Liturgical Experience
- Temple, Icons and the Mystical Origins of Christianity
- Vasileios, Hymn of Entry
- White, Introduction to Christian Worship (Revised Edition)
– Baz, The Book of the Epistles (Antiochian Archdiocese, 2010)
– A Book of Personal Prayer, Bideaux, Upper Room Books.
– The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, bi-lingual service book, Byzantine Design Works (Bouras/Tomaras, 2003)
– Orthodox Daily Prayers, St. Tikhon’s Press. Comb bound with laminated covers.
– Orthodox Prayers of Old England, St. Hilarion Press.
– Papadas, Holy Week & Easter, bi-lingual service book, Patmos Press (1990 edition)
– A Pocket Orthodox Prayer Book for Orthodox Christians, Antiochian Archdiocese.
- The Saint Ambrose Prayerbook, Lancelot Andrewes Press, 2009.
- Service Book (“the 2 Pounder”), Antiochian Archdiocese.
- Service Books of the Orthodox Church, Volume 1, The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, St. Tikhon’s Press.